Casa Mamá Estrella is a 200 year old whitewashed house with oodles of moorish character and a tranquil vibe. Three bedrooms sleep 4 to 5 adults and up to 3 children and there is plenty of indoor and outdoor space to kick back and relax in this charming rustic retreat.
French doors lead from the rear sitting room to a sunny patio garden and moroccan plunge pool shaded by a pretty orange tree. Squeeze your own juice for breakfast for much of the year.
The pool is 1.3m deep with a long bench seat. Very cooling and convivial especially after a long walk, day out in Granada or a beach trip!
There are outdoor tables and patio seating for dining alfresco or chilling out with a vino and a good book.
The house is in the village centre which is relatively flat, with the rare bonus of on-street parking outside the door.
♥ Lovingly restored throughout using traditional crafts and local materials
♥ Incorporating the old mule shed and hay loft has created a spacious, airy interior conserving many original features.
♥ We love the old beamed ceilings, brick floors and stone fireplaces
♥ Unique layout with independent staircases to bedrooms plus two sitting rooms gives space for quiet time and privacy as well as getting together
♥ Simple but stylish decor blends rustic elements with modern comforts
“......a special holiday home-from-home”.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dining area and breakfast bar to either side
- Ceramic hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV/DVD, stereo
- Free Wi-fi in most rooms though coverage can be patchy
- Comfy sofas
- One toilet downstairs plus two bathrooms upstairs each with shower
- Large utility/storage room with iron and ironing board
- Original thick stone walls and traditional wooden shutters keep the property pleasantly cool in summer
- Two log burners downstairs and electric storage heating throughout for cosy winter stays*
The rear staircase leads to El Pajar. A bijou private suite in the old hayloft with iron double bed, vaulted beamed ceiling with fan, built in wardrobe and moorish shutters. It has an ensuite bathroom with shower and a sunny terrace overlooking the pool with views to rolling hills. There is a bistro table and chairs for lazy breakfasts and a romantic nightcap under the stars.
The front staircase leads to two good-sized bedrooms either side of a landing with a shared bathroom with shower. La Piña has a gorgeous handmade wooden bed (super-king option or twin 1m singles), ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe and pretty Juliet balcony facing the street.
La Litera sleeps two children in bunk beds (and an adult or a third child in a single bed on request). It has a desk, chest of drawers and bookshelf. We provide a stairgate.
Important to note
- Casa Mamá Estrella is licensed and registered as a rural holiday let under Andalucia's local tourism scheme (VTAR GR00448). This ensures your stay is both safe and comfortable.
- The house has the original steep stone staircases and a plunge pool with no shallow end. For these reasons we think the house is regrettably unsuitable for anybody with mobility problems.
- If you can manage the stairs on a double decker bus you should be fine but please do contact us if you would like to discuss.
- Children must be supervised on the stairs and in and around the pool.
- No smoking please anywhere on the property.
- * See our Rates for winter heating costs. Throughout the winter skies are mostly blue and though it is usually warm enough to eat lunch on the patio, winter nights are for snuggling.
- Our neighbour's cat might come to visit!